Location: 35°39’11.72″ N 139°42’34.76″ E
Free Wifi: Yes
Our Rating: ⭑⭑⭑
Worth it? Yep.
Site: WOODBERRY COFFEE
Phone: +81 03-6447-9218
Also see our Shibuya Superguide.
About 1/2 a mile directly southeast of the famous Shibuya Scramble Square is a little Bohemian café called Woodberry Coffee Roasters. The shop offers tasting, brews, and interesting mixtures of coffee mixed with various other flavors for a wide variety of taste experiences.
They also have a bagged coffee subscription you can sign up for.
There are 3 other locations around Tokyo as well.
The shop is easy to get to: get to Shibuya Station, head southeast down Rt. 305, then head left (east) down a side-street at 35°39’15.34″ N 139°42’32.55″ E.
Facing west. The station is in the lower right corner. Head over to the tall skyscraper on the right, then head south.
Fabulous Shibuya awaits.
A few other quick tips you may find interesting while in Shibuya:
- Hit the MEGA Don Quijote food basement up the street behind the Shibuya 109 bldg. for some great food deals + midnight sales.
- If you need currency exchange, hit the hidden Sakura Exchange next to the Wendy’s up the street just to the left of the Square’s TATSUYA/Starbucks bldg.
- If you have extra time, definitely check out Shibuya Sky – the Shibuya Scramble Square bldg.’s rooftop observation deck for the best open-air view in all of Tokyo.
- Metro Ginza Station @ Shibuya Station has just been fully renovated and is easy to use. If you want to get to Rt. 305 from it, head for the west exit, then turn left (south) on exit and go straight south. Note Shibuya Station is the western terminus and the Ginza Line can take you to many more interesting places in Tokyo quickly.
- Also on the south side of the Shibuya Scramble Square building is a whole new complex with restaurants + shops.
The view from Shibuya Sky is astonishing.